Welcome


This blog is dedicated to the topics of Course materials, Innovation, and Technology in Education. it is intended as an information source for the college store industry, or anyone interested in how course materials are changing. Suggestions for discussion topics or news stories are welcome.

The site uses Google's cookies to provide services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user agent are shared with Google, along with performance and security statistics to ensure service quality, generate usage statistics, detect abuse and take action.

Friday, January 27, 2012

5 Things a Consumer Wants

A recent Chronicle article suggests that with the mainstreaming of e-books there should be more reader-friendly services such as the following:
  1. Let me subscribe to my favorite authors. 
  2. Keep books updated for one price.
  3. Buy a print copy, get an electronic copy too. 
  4. Give more of my money to authors.
  5. Indie bookstores should sell e-books. 
If I could pick one of the 5 myself, I would go with #3.  And if I were to add one to the list -- it would be, let me more easily lend or share my digital books.  My wife and I like to share books, but too often we are unable to do so with our ebooks -- unless we were to trade our devices.