Sony Electronics is making its pitch to the higher education market with its Sony Digital Academy, a partnership with nine institutions to “foster and fuel innovative approaches and facilitate new expressive applications of digital media technologies,” according to the Sony press release.
The nine schools participating in the initial stage of the program developed digital projects for the upcoming year which Sony will support with camcorders, computers, cameras, and its tablet device. The schools are:
- American University, School of Communication, Washington, D.C.
- Drexel University, Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design, Philadelphia, PA
- New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, New York
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- The Florida State University, College of Motion Picture Arts, Tallahassee
- UCLA, School of Theater, Film and Television, Los Angeles
- UC San Diego, Division of Arts and Humanities
- University of Central Florida, College of Arts & Humanities, Orlando
- University of Southern California, School of Cinematic Arts, Los Angeles