However, if we take the data at face value, there are some interesting observations to highlight:
- The health sciences represent nearly half of the courses using lecture capture.
- Lecture capture was most often used to supplement face-to-face classroom experiences.
- About 40% of students reported using the lecture-captured sessions 1-5 times during the semester, and nearly a quarter of students reported using the technology to review a recorded class 20 times or more.
- Students responded highly to many benefits of the technology, such as impact on motivation and effectiveness of studying.
- Interestingly, the technology had little impact on the utilization of faculty office hours, peer collaboration, or class attendance.